Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Cookie time

Cam and I decorated Halloween cookies this afternoon.

Josh has his piano recital today, which is the perfect opportunity to unload provide sweet treats.  I'm usually a from-scratch kind of baker, but due to the time limit, we bought the Pillsbury tube of cookies.  Since I'm a little overconfident in my own abilities, I didn't read any instructions save for the oven temp needs to be set at 350 and then bake for 10 minutes.  Well, I wasn't aware of exactly how much the cookies would spread while baking.  When I opened the oven, this greeted me:


Mmmm,  tray cookie.  Luckily, I have a very good spatula and the rectangular shapes gave Cam and I a little more creative license.  Thus, we have Frankenstein cookie:
Piano keyboard cookie:


And the one nearly perfect circle became Mike Wachsowki:


Camdyn made some beautiful pumpkins and one pink, pumpkin explosion (also beautiful):


By the way, teaching a four-year-old about food safety is really hard.  I glanced up from my cookie decorating and caught Camdyn licking frosting off the sprinkle container.  She didn't understand why that wouldn't be a good idea.  In her mind, why waste good frosting?

Now to grace Josh's piano recital with our works of cookie art.  Happy Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment