Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Back again

6 weeks postpartum and I am feeling more like my normal self.  A little more tired than usual, but that is Erik's decision, not mine.  So on the road to pregnancy recovery, I went back to Weight Watchers on Monday.  I'm a lifetime member, which means that I have used Weight Watchers once before, met my goal weight and maintained it (within 2 pounds) for 6 weeks after. I actually maintained my goal weight until I became pregnant with Erik, so that's really a testimony to the amazingness of Weight Watchers.  I didn't even have to track or think about everything I ate, my habits had changed and the weight just stayed off.  What more can I ask for?

The Weight Watchers near me has a Mom, Dad and me meeting on Monday which allows small children so I had no problem bringing Erik.  I loaded him up in the stroller since the baby bjorn would effect my weigh-in.  I could do weight watchers online, but I really need that extra accountability of having someone else see what I weigh.  I'm always neevous going someplace new with Erik because babies are so unpredictable.  What if he starts crying in a horrible rage and won't stop? 

He didn't cry.  But I made a spectacle of myself by crashing his stroller into a wall.   The crash was followed by my loud "oof" as the handlebars rammed into my stomach.  Other than that, no other drama.

I weighed in at 168.0 pounds.  Not too bad post baby. I am actually the same weight I was when I joined Weight Watchers last time.  I have about 23 pounds to lose.  As a nursing mom, I get a ridiculous number of points.  My base is 28 and for exclusive breastfeeding I get 14 more points!  I'm looking for things to eat at the end of the day.  It's fantastic!  Actually, the extra points are providing extra motivation to continue with breastfeeding.

Start: 168.0

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, now that Audra is gradually weaning herself, you know what I miss the most?? That crazy insatiable hunger I used to have! I used to have to force feed myself enough calories just to keep up with her breastfeeding needs. It was a crazy, good feeling. Now I have to actually eat like a normal person, dangit :)

    ReplyDelete