Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

15 to 20

Pounds that is.  I joined Weight Watchers today.  I have such a stigma attached to Weight Watchers.  I think that is because of all the trainers I've had who've said, "You don't need points.  You just need to eat healthy.  Weight Watchers doesn't give you enough calories."  I'm thinking specifically of Sophia, the strict, unbelievably fit Russian trainer who dropped Josh and I as clients when we weren't losing any weight and Beau, the muscle bound "do you want to do a joint training session together?  Because then you will both pay the same and I'll have to put in half the time." when I think of the bias against Weight Watchers.  It's not like all 24 Hour Fitness trainers are bad, though.  When I was getting ready for my wedding, my trainer, Eric, was awesome.  Except when he made me do push ups on barbells combined with a bent over row between each chest and bicep burning push-up.   But, I digress.

According to Weight Watchers, I am in the healthy weight range for my height.  I definitely agree.  However, with no long runs during the summer to keep me skinny, I've gained 4 pounds in the past month.  That would be 48 pounds per year if I kept that up, so it stops now.  Also, I really want under 5 hours for a marathon time.  I think that dropping 15-20 pounds would help, a lot.  I would still be well within the healthy weight range, but I would be 10% lighter.  That has got to pick up the speed, right?

Now that I am focusing on eating a lot more fruits and vegetables (not to mention less overall), I went on a shopping trip this afternoon.  Some thoughts while shopping:

I actually planned to make guacamole today, so I was picking up the ingredients during this trip.  My shopping list for the recipe consisted of avocado, onion, lime and cilantro.  I'm guessing you have to add avocado to this mix.  My question is: What is in this stuff?!?


I'm try to be as "green" as possible and I bring my own shopping bags. We now need to find a better alternative to produce bags.   I'm amazed at the amount of plastic in my cart.


And only four of these is the RDA for adults!  Sign me up!  Beats taking horse pills any day. (Special thanks to Leah for alerting me to this.)


Who needs one steering wheel when you can have 2?

4 comments:

  1. you are making great choices. Btw, the guacamole packet is to add guacamole flavor to dishes such as sour cream for bean dip. You don't actually have to use it in the guacamole. The avocado does a good job there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love WW! I did it online and saw results. But I am true believer in the bodybugg. I have almost worn it for a full year now 9and will the rest of my life). They wear them on the Biggest Loser. Google it! Worth every cent. Good luck with your journey. It's tough but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally have those gummy vitamins too! Way cool. and they taste delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you know this, Jo, but WW is how I lost all my weight. Maybe you didn't know me then, but I used to weigh over 200 pounds! I have been in WW since Sunshine was 3 months old - I totally believe in it and I think you have made a great choice. WW is a program that isn't about dieting, but about changing your relationship with food. I have lost weight while still eating pizza!

    ReplyDelete