Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all my mom friends, my mom-in-law and of course by own mom (who now reads my blog!  Yay! I love you, Mom!).  I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I spent it in Tucson celebrating with my mom, my dad, sister Jamie and of course Josh and Camdyn.  We had planned to brunch at Maynard's Kitchen and Market.  This was where Urban Assault was held three weeks ago.  At that event, I saw an ad for Mother's Day Brunch.  It looked tasty, so there we were :-)

Since I knew a large meal was coming, I made myself go out for a run this morning.  I just meant for it to be a short one, but the path around Reid park was so, well, enjoyable :-)  I ran under trees, by the golf course, and the best part was that there were so many other runners out.  I miss having a place to run like that here in Phoenix.  There is really no place where a lot of people congregate to exercise outdoors.  In LA, I loved the path around the Rose Bowl for this reason.

Maynard's Market was fabulous.  We sat outside on the patio and brunched on fresh watermelon, bellinis, housemade sausage, duck confit hash (I just like saying it) and so many more mouthwatering foods.  Cam had fun running around.  She even caused her first food related accident.  One of her grapes fell on the floor and a hostess walking by slipped on it (oops!).  Cam then tried to get rid of the evidence by putting all of her grapes on my plate.  Some pics from the day:

Yes, that is a Neti Pot she is using as a tea kettle.  It made her happy.  We just went with it.

1 comment:

  1. Awww....miss that little girl so much!!
    Glad you had a nice mother's day, Jo. :-)

    ReplyDelete