Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Ravenous Beast

Running turns me into a ravenous beast. On days I walk, I can easily control my portions, make really healthy decisions and track all my food.  On run days, my thought process goes a little like this:

"Honey? Straight from the bottle onto my spoon?  Yes, that sounds like an excellent idea.  It'll save me the calories from bread.  Here, let me take 8 more spoonfuls of that."

"Wow, what a healthy well-portioned lunch I put on my plate.  I think it will be well worth my time if I ate straight from the leftovers container while it's heating up."

"After a fantastic Someburros dinner, I think I need a large frozen yogurt... With brownies, caramel and Almond Roca.  Mmmm.. I'm still hungry.  I'll have two bowls of Raisin Bran Crunch."

And I am not sorry for any of it.  In fact, it was fun.  

Running turns me into a ravenous beast. There is no way I burned as many calories as I felt the need to consume. I'm thinking my behavior might be my blood sugar spiraling out of control post-run due to not fueling up immediately after.  I let myself get way too hungry.  Tomorrow, I'm going to try a post run snack with a good balance of carbs, protein and fat.  I heard low-fat chocolate milk works well for that.  That sounds yummy.

By the way, I didn't track last night because I honestly have no clue what I ate.

Any runners out there have this problem?  More importantly, has anyone found a solution?


No comments:

Post a Comment