Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Back on the Bike

One of the best parts about being a teacher is that you get a do-over every semester - a nice week long break and then a new quarter. The students start with new grades, I start with zero paperwork (yes!), and we get to try out new routines.





For months now, I've been eyeing the 5:45 am cycling class offered at my gym. I have never convinced myself to try it. My last cycling class five years ago, was a disaster. My legs hurt, my neck ached and I watched the clock for an hour trying to mentally will the class to be over. In the last year or so, I've become a bit more experienced on a road bike. I know the importance of proper fit on your bike and how much that effects your ride. I walked into cycling class on Tuesday and immediately asked the instructor for help on adjusting my bike.

Wow! I'm in love with cycling class. The hour was fast paced, had the great music that I usually work out to (i.e. Music that my husband would leave the room if he heard. He does not share my love of Black Eyed Peas), and I killed it! 24 miles on the spin bike in an hour!

My goal next week is to make it to at least one of those 545 am spin classes. I'm no longer scared of it being a suffer-fest.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment