Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Three things Thursday

1. I went to yoga for the first time in a long while last night. I don't know why I put it off for so long because I love yoga! While in the middle of "the humble warrior" pose, I was amazed how my body could contort to such odd positions, yet feel totally awesome. The humble warrior is like a runners lunge, except you rest your back leg completely on the ground and your front leg moves off to the side so you can rest your forearms on the ground. My forearms were on the ground!

2. Parenting fail of the week. Camdyn and I were slightly famished before story time at the library, so we picked up something quickly at the McDonalds drive-thru: fruit and walnut salad for me and apple dippers for Cam. I hand Cam her bag of apples and she starts asking, "where's my dip, mama? Where's my dip?". After I pretended not to know what she was talking about, I handed back the caramel dip asking her not to spill. "Ok, Mama.". Five minutes later, "oh no, I spilled.". Thinking it was a little spill, I tell her not to worry about it. At a stoplight, I look to the back seat, and she is holding the container of caramel UPSIDE DOWN with a steady stream of caramel running all over her pants. Did we make it to story time? You better believe we did! After a quick wipe down in the library restroom, I had the sweetest smelling child in the story circle.

3. Hello, queen of over-committment. I signed up for a free online workshop through Edutopia called "Web Boot Cam for New Teachers.". Now, i'm not a new teacher, but when I looked through the participants, neither was anyone else signed up. The workshop will feature one cool Web 2.0 online tool a week. I do a short little project using the tool and think of ways I can use it in my classroom. It will be a great way to integrate more technology into my curriculum. Plus, students need more ways to use a computer other than testing.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment