Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Hide and Seek

Yesterday morning, Josh entered the kitchen to get his own breakfast and hustle Camdyn along for school. Camdyn greeted him there,

"So Daddy, I hid your Vikings hat and rings (this includes his wedding ring) and you have to find them."

Josh's patience as a father amazes me at times.  If this were me in the morning, rushing to get out the door, hungry and already a little late, I probably would have answered back, "I'm going to count to ten... 1, 2..."  

Erik woke up a few times the night before so I was still dozing. Through my muddled sleep, I could hear, "Cold, Cold, warm, hot, getting hotter."

This morning, during our lazy Saturday wake-up, Camdyn, cuddling with us in bed, turns to me and says, "Mama, have you seen your sunglasses?"  

Funny, because I was looking for my sunglasses all yesterday and blaming new baby haze for absentmindedly laying them down somewhere.

"No Cam, I haven't.  Did you hide them?" I ask her.

"You have to find them."

Thankfully, she gave me a massively big hint on where to look. She led me downstairs to the piano room.

"They're downstairs in this area," she told me.

After a few seconds of hot and cold, I found my sunglasses hanging out behind the curtain.  I'm very interested (and not a little frightened) about what is going to disappear next. As long as it's not, "Mama, have you seen Erik?" we're good.

No comments:

Post a Comment