Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving Countdown

I've been planning this for weeks.  My very first Thanksgiving dinner is set to commence in T- 4 days.  Am I excited?  Most definitely!  Nervous?  Not really.  When it comes to feats (or feasts) of this magnitude, I get so worried about forgetting something that I make sure I'm extremely organized.

Exhibit #1:  I typed my entire grocery list and organized it by store section.  Within the store sections, I ordered the ingredients by what was at the front of the section to what was in the back.

Exhibit #2: Kitchen Whiteboard

I even planned for meals that we would eat during the week as I was preparing for Thanksgiving.  Most important on that list: Defrost turkey!  I bought the turkey several weeks ago, just in case there was a turkey shortage right before the big day.  Today at Fry's, I saw several overflowing the freezer cases, so my fears were unwarranted, but nonetheless, better to have it and freeze it.

Planned for the Thanksgiving menu:
Autumn Salad with Pears and Pomegranate
Brown Sugar Brined Turkey
Apple Celery Stuffing
Green Beans with Mushrooms and Hazelnuts
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
Mashed Potatoes (made by my mom, who makes the most amazing mashed potatoes)
Cranberry Sauce (made by Jamie)
Challah rolls (made by Chompies)
Various Pies (made by/ purchased by Grandma Crohn)
Lots of Beverages (Courtesy of Parents-in-law)

It's true, I'm a fabulous menu planner (mainly an excellent reader because I stole the menu entirely from a Weight Watchers Celebrations cookbook).

As for that whole Weight Watchers adventure, I've been a member for 20 weeks now and I'm only 3 pounds away from my weight goal.  All together, I've lost 19 pounds.  I'm really hoping to hit that 20 pound mark this week so that I'll get another sticker! 
Go Stickers!

Josh and I ran/biked Muddy Buddy last weekend and the race photos made me realize what a huge change I've made to my body.  Coincidentally, I wore the same outfit that I wore to race the Rock n Roll Marathon in January.  Side by side, I'm in awe at the difference (practically) 20 pounds makes:
Muddy Buddy last weekend

Marathon in January

2 comments:

  1. YOU are making the rest of us look bad hot mama! :) I love the organization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic Jo! You go girl. I am behind you 100%.

    ReplyDelete