Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

It's Tomorrow!

San Diego is overrun (haha) with runners!  There is a large team-in-training group staying in our hotel so everytime I leave the room, I run into (haha....  Ok, I'll stop) another runner.  I'm trying to figure out why I am so worked up about this particular race and I think it might be that I can't escape it.

About 30 minutes ago, I laid out my runner:


I do this before every marathon.  Just a safety to make sure that I don't forget anything since I will be getting up at 4:15AM.  It's hard to think at 4:15AM, so I really need all the help I can get.

Chelsea is picking me up from the hotel at 5:15AM and from there we will meet Harvey at the start line at 5:45AM.  The gun goes off at 6:15am and our corral is set to cross the start line around 6:40am (stupid wave start and being slow). 

And away we go... here's hoping for under five hours, but I will be happy for a new PR of under 5:15.  If you are interested, you can follow me here: http://san-diego.competitor.com/  They promise live results and finish line cams.  I'll be coming in between 11:40 am and 12:00 noon (hopefully!).

No comments:

Post a Comment