Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I made it! The school year is finally over and I get to spend the entire summer with my baby girl (who is looking less like a baby and more like a kid). Now that there is less stress in my life, my running has actually been pretty consistent. For the first time in months, I am following the marathon schedule exactly. Too bad the marathon is this Sunday.

This past weekend was fantastic. We went over to someone's house each night and finished the weekend with a get-together at our place. Hanging out with friends has been amazing and relaxing. Some of my friends I haven't seen in a while due to the busyness of school schedules and general craziness. At each party, I told myself, "This is my last drink before the marathon," and at each party I had another drink. I'm writing this after two margaritas and now I plan on drinking a bucket of water to start hydrating myself for Sunday.

Tonight, I took Camdyn in the pool for the first time since last summer. The water was a bit on the chilly side and Cam complained for the ten minutes we were in the pool. 110 degree temps are making their way to Phoenix (eek!), so I know that the cold water will not be a problem for long.  She did love seeing her buddy Alexis, who is 11 months older,  splash around.  All the complaining was worth it though to see Cam looking so cute in a swimsuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment