Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Sleepy running

I've had a very busy week!  All day teaching in addition to two nighttime commitments for school plus Cam has been teething.  Teething means waking up at 1 AM and refusing to sleep anywhere but Mommy and Daddy's bed, but they get no sleep whatsoever.  This has all wrecked havoc on my running schedule. 

On Thursday morning, it was looking like it was going to be a run-less week, until I read Jocelyn's (Running with High Heels On) blog.  I don't know Jocelyn personally, but I started reading her posts through other friend's links.  Jocelyn has recently been having foot issues that have prevented her from running.  As I was reading Thursday afternoon, she wrote "Never will I take running for granted again. If I feel too tired to run, or just plan lazy, I need to remember this moment and these past three weeks. Run because you can! :)"

That got me.  I remember that feeling of not being able to run when I was pregnant.  The urge was so strong and yet I was not allowed.  I was huge:

So now, I felt a little sleepy and that was going to stop me from running?  Hell, no!  I went out running Thursday night and I even went on a short run tonight.  Sleepy? Yes.  But I am always amazed how I never regret running, but I can always talk myself out of it.  No more! Watch out San Diego, I'm comin' to get ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment